Dog coat pattern review
Hello sewing friends,
This time I got something different for you: a sewing pattern review.
Since Bobby will be the ring bearer at our wedding I decided to sew a doggy coat for him so he looks apart on the day ; ) I used style C of a Butterick doggie coat pattern (B4885) which I found at a local Op shop. Even though the pattern is old you can still find them for sale online on websites like Etsy.
For Bobby who is a medium sized dog I cut out the size M pattern. However, because he has a broad chest I did have to add an extra 5cm strip for the collar part. The strap around his belly and the collar strap are both held together with velcro. For the two pockets on each side I used sew on snaps to close them up with a fake button on top of the pocket flap. This was the perfect solution for not having to sew a buttonhole (something that's not my favourite thing to do).
All in all I would say the pattern can be classed as easy. As I usually make my own patterns it was a nice change to just sew from instructions and not encounter any problems along the way.
I think Bobby looks very handsome in his new outfit and is now wedding ready!
- May 11, 2018 Makeup brush roll DIY.. May 11, 2018
- Apr 18, 2018 Body butter / Anti stretch mark cream recipe Apr 18, 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- Sep 25, 2017 Watercolour fashion illustrations Sep 25, 2017
- Apr 17, 2017 DIY for Table place cards Apr 17, 2017
- March 2017
- Feb 7, 2017 Cosmetic bag DIY Feb 7, 2017
- Dec 8, 2016 Christmas bunting Dec 8, 2016